From its pre-Christian beginnings to its contemporary practitioners, Heathenry has long fascinated people from every corner of the world. Written from the unique perspective of a Heathen gythja, or Godwoman, A Practical Heathen's Guide to Asatru shows how to bring the beliefs and traditions of this ancient faith into your life today. In this complete guide to Asatru, you will discover:
- The mythology, folklore, and historical sagas of Northern European Heathens
- How to conduct rituals for birth, naming, entry into adulthood, weddings, divorces, funerals, and holy days
- Practical techniques for meditation, trance-work, prayer, and working with runes and charms
- Heathen perspectives on the nature of time, creation, worship, ethics, oaths, and hospitality
- An in-depth glossary, index, pronunciation guide, and bibliography for further study
A Practical Heathen's Guide to Asatru - By Patricia M. Lafayllve
Since 1996, Patricia M. Lafayllve has lectured and performed rituals throughout the United States. She is a member of Two Ravens Kindred and The Troth, where she has served as Steward, High Steward, Godwoman, Rede member, and Steerswoman. Patricia is the founder of The Troth’s Lore Program and served as its Provost. She lives in Southeastern Connecticut.
Inventory is updated regularly. Items out of stock are indicated when known. Not all manufacturers provide inventory data and even in stock items can be sold out without notice. We will notify you of any out of stock items as soon as possible or you can contact us in advance to verify availability.